Wednesday, February 1, 2012

About What should I know about pool removal

What should I know about pool removal?
I have a fibergrass in ground swimming pool in my backyard. The pool size is 12' x 24'. We woud like to remove it. Ideally we want to have it covered with concrete. Some said that we should remove them totally, but others said that they can just punch holes and dump the sands. The 2nd approach is definitely much cheaper. What is the pro and con for each approach? What should I know for making the decision? Usually how much does this work cost? I am living in Fremont, California. Please leave your contact information if you can provide such service. I can also be reached in email.
Other - Home & Garden - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Your best bet is to contact the city. Development Services Center 39550 Liberty St Fremont, CA 94538-2211 Appointments 510-494-4443 Information 510-494-4460 Office Hours: Monday through Thursday - 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday - 8 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Permitting Information: Demolitions - Pools Above-Ground Pools รข€“ In-Ground http://www.ci.fremont.ca.us/Permits/Development/DevelopmentServicesCenterSelfHelp.htm
2 :
Removing an existing pool isn't difficult to do, in your case it being a fibreglass, it'll rip out of the ground relatively easily, once the plumbing and any grounding wires are cut. There ought to be a concrete sub pad it's sitting on, that will have to come out too. I don't suggest your cheapest approach you mentioned. Most municipalities won't allow that. They'll want the structure out of the ground, especially something like fibreglass that won't easily break down. If you go that route and get caught, it won't have been worth it.
3 :
I removed mine 3 years ago. same size, just cut the walls off about 2' down with a concrete saw (you can rent them anywhere). poke some holes in the bottom and fill it in with sand (make sure you compact the sand if you are putting concrete in right a way. In my case I just dumped the sand in and left some extra, ran my garden hose over the area for a week and it all settled and I pourd a patio two weeks later
Read more other entries :
About Need recommendation for marriage & Individua...